Saturday, July 19, 2008

Continuing Education

Starting my educational pursuit in October 2006, of a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, I have encountered many interesting experiences. Although hard they made me more aware of my shortcomings as well as the strengths that I already possessed.

As a continuing education student there were many challenges that I faced once enrolled in DeVry. The challenge of juggling a full-time position and also handling a new academic schedule was quickly put to test. One of the tools that allowed me to succeed thus far is “Time Management.” By scheduling and utilizing a calendar for upcoming due dates both in my 9-5 and school activities/assignments. It helped in completing chores, and school assignments alike.

Using a proactive approach helped me to focus on the outcome of my homework, exams, and grades, I could not shift the responsibility of any educational obstacles that might arise. I continued to embrace different learning styles to help me to achieve my goal. Identifying problems and prospective problems I utilized tools such as: “T-Chart which weighs the “Pro’s vs. Con’s, Risk Analysis: Risk= cost x Probability.

No comments: