Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good bye SHEA

I've know for years that the NY Mets were going to get a new stadium. I welcomed the new change. However, it did not hit met until today the realization that it was actually going to be tore down. Suddenly it brought sadness to my heart. Although, I welcome the new stadium "Citi Field",it is going to be hard to say good bye to Shea stadium. I have many fond memories of the 69 Mets, winning the World Series and all the great miraculous wins they had. I also have personal memories of when my big brother Fred (now deceased) took me to the stadium (off season) and we climb over the fence and ran the bases together. So excited, I slid on home plate, I went into the dugout and marveled in the fact that I was actually in Shea. We imagined that we were Tommy Agee #20, Cleon Jones#21( Mets center & left fielders) who were one of my favorite players. We pretended to catch a deep fly balls, what a thrill it was which, I will never ever forget. With 36 more games to be played at Shea stadium, sadly it will be replaced with the new "Citi Field", scheduled to open in 2009. Shea Stadium will forever hold a special place in my heart. It will be very hard to say good bye.

No comments: