Thursday, July 24, 2008

A toast!

As soon as I return back to speech class I was told that I had to do a speech. Needless to say I was not prepared. I was sick for last weeks class and was unaware. I immediately jotted some things on a piece of paper, which did not use. I decided my speech would be a toast to a bride and groom at a wedding reception. When it was my turn I could feel the butter flies in my stomach all the while telling my self that I was being silly and that I was not such a big deal. After all these classmates were probably as frighten as myself. The more and more that I spoke the words began to flow out of my mouth. I no longer felt nervous and began realize that I had accomplish the fears and apprehensions of public speaking. Don't get me wrong I know that it is more to public speaking, I just felt a great accomplishment of standing in front of the room speaking without the aide of prepared speech on paper. I think this class is going to be a good eye opener for me, the future, this will be a great learning tool both personally and professionally.

No comments: