Friday, July 18, 2008

Feeling better

For the past couple of days I have been dealing with a severe sore tough, along with swollen glands. It was very difficult to swallow let a long try to eat anything. Don't ask me how this illness came about, all I know is I woke up on Wed. morning with soreness in my tough. So I gargled my mouth out with salt water (Grandmother's remedy) and went to work. During the course of the day my tough began to feel like cotton balls, dry and on fire. My co-workers suggested that I drink plenty of tea with lemon, which I did but the condition got even worse. I started feeling real bad and begun feeling hot and cold chills. It was then I knew I was sick and I was puzzled about how I contacted this bug. I often wash my hands during the course of a day being very careful not to touch door knobs, where most germs hang out. Still I was sick, I took some home remedies and went straight to bed, hoping I would feel better the next day. To my dismay, I was exhibiting extreme symptoms with enlarged glands the size of walnuts. I immediately went to the doctor for medical treatment. I was diagnosed with a bacterial tough infection and was prescribed Penicillin for 10 days. This is just day 1 of taking the medicine and I am feeling a little better. Needless to say I have not completed any of my daily blogging, threaded discussions, or reading assignments since Tues. It is 12:57 am on Sat. morning, and I am trying to catch up. It is going to be a very long night for me.

No comments: